Thursday, May 14, 2015

MC Raven Trip Report 6



Trip Log 6
161.0 Miles Today, 1012.1 Miles Total
Table Lake Campground (Army Corps of Engineers Campground)
Campsite number 76

I found some sun! This campground, just outside Branson, Mo, doesn’t have quite to panache of last night’s camp. Not a single skull to be seen. But, the shower room is an easy walk from my site, the lake is just across the road and, though there are not yellow birds and only a few red ones, there are Blue Jays, and Red Headed Woodpeckers (are those pileated?) (noisy ones too!). No turtles sadly.
I didn’t see anything in Branson that called me in so, I’m going to spend the next couple of days here decompressing before heading to my mother’s place in Arkansas for her birthday.

I’ll check back in within a couple of days, if I can be bothered.
-          Today I sat in one place so long that a caterpillar crawled up my leg. Since I was wearing shorts at the time, I probably should have noticed. Tomorrow I’m hoping for a birds nest in my ear.
-          Today, a Blue Jay hopped up on my picnic table and asked, “Hey! Why aren’t you moving? Oh, by the way, got anything to eat?”
-          Today, I started reading my book (The Sign and the Seal by Graham Hancock) on one side of the picnic table and, I moved to the other side and continued reading. I’m really proud I made so much effort.

Branson Belle on Table Rock Lake








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home